PERSONAL AIRBRUSH TAN
We only use a handheld AirBrush equipment in a private environment while we customized your tan. Our spray solution will not make you orange or uneven. Our tanning solution quickly and evenly covers your entire body. This process is safe, UV-free, and perfect for women or men who want a healthy looking tan skin within hours. Even if you've been unable to tan in the past because of freckling, skin conditions, a fair complexion, or safety concerns, you'll be able to safely get a beautiful tan that will make you feel and look great! We take pride in our application of color, protecting the toes and hands. Our sprayers AirBrush the entire body to mimic what the sun would do naturally. Our salon has tanned thousands of clients, both men and women. We care about our clients looking natural and beautiful as a real sun tan would. Using this application method, our specialists can customize the level of color you will have, so you can have a lighter color all year around and intensify it in the summer months.
Call and schedule your Personalized Airbrush Tanning experience today!
Please follow the instructions below on how to prepare for your tan. Aarrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment so you can fill out some minor paperwork and have any questions you have answered. Each appointment is scheduled for 25 minutes. Unfortunately, if you arrive late, your treatment may be shortened or cancelled because there may be another appointment immediately following yours and we pride ourselves in timeliness.
As with all professional appointments, a 24-hour cancellation or rescheduling notification is required or you will be responsible for the full cost of the session. This includes gift certificates. Clients who fail to show for an appointment without cancelling will be charged full cost of service.
Helpful Information on Airbrush Tanning
Exfoliate your entire body. Use a loofah to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells. For women, the legs should also be shaved first. Exfoliation and shaving help ensure the surface of your skin is smooth, which helps the formula apply evenly for best results. Users report longer-lasting results when dead skin cells are exfoliated prior to application.
MOISTURIZE THE SKIN
Moisturize the skin to prime it. Skin that's hydrated and moisturized will better accept the formula. Apply evenly. Even application is the key to great results. DHA also uses the moisture in your skin to help produce the tan, so moisturizing during the life of your tan is also very important. Do not use a moisturizer that is heavy, or contains cocoa butter, mineral oil, petroleum, or any heavy oils.
Accelerator was developed to help you get your tanning results in half the time. It is a clear gel that you apply just before doing your Mystic or Airbrush session. Accelerator also contains Nutramist, which helps even out the moisture level in the skin and reduce the “reaction odor”. It also help balance the pH levels in your skin so receive a nice even balanced tan.
Exfoliating with a salt scrub or other appropriate product is recommended the day before you sunless-tan. Removing loose, dead, dry skin cells that prevent even application of sunless solution will improve and extend your tanning results.
- Before sunless-tanning, your skin should be clean and dry with no soap residue to interfere with your tan. Avoid bar soap.
- Do not apply deodorant or perfumes to skin prior to tanning. It is recommended you shave the day before you tan. It is recommended you remove makeup before the tanning process, but it is not absolutely necessary.
- Remove any jewelry when being sprayed.
- If you prefer to wear a bathing suit, select an old, preferably dark bathing suit to wear while being sprayed. Also remember to bring old dark-colored, loose-fitting clothing to wear home. Avoid wearing tight fitted clothing for the first 4-6 hours.
- If you are tanning for the first time (pale skin), you should apply a product over your entire body to lower your skin’s pH level. It has been shown that a balanced pH level of skin may provide browner, more natural-looking color.
- Apply a barrier cream to areas that tend to attract too much color during the spray-tan process such as cuticles, knees, elbows, hands and feet. Apply to tattoos to reduce spray’s effect and keep colors vibrant. Gently wipe off spray color from tattoos after tanning.
- After all sunless treatments wait at least four to five hours before bathing or exercise to allow the DHA bronzer enough time to begin the reaction process.
How Sunless Works: The Solution
The tan that is produced is absolutely water-resistant and diminishes only as the dead cells of the stratum corneum flake off. It should be noted, though, that the tan is purely cosmetic and does not provide the protection that a traditional tan would.
The tanning industry recognizes dihydroxyacetone, or DHA, as the colorless sugar that makes the magic happen in the self-tanning process. DHA reacts with skin proteins, including amino acids, in the outermost layer of skin. The reaction develops brown skin coloring that looks very similar to a natural tan. Skin coloration takes anywhere from two to four hours and lasts five to seven days--depending on skin type and the DHA concentration in the lotion. The “tan” fades as the dead layers of skin slough off, just as in normal tanning.